Today we share a favorite from Chef Emeril Lagasse's online recipe book: pecan crusted venison.
12 venison medallions
2 cups roasted pecans
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons Essence
2/3 cup creole mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pulse the pecans in a food processor until they are coarse and still are textured.
2. Add the bread crumbs and Essence.
3. Rub each medallion with salt, peeper, and creole mustard, coating each side completely.
4. Crust each medallion with the pecan mixture.
5. Heat the olive oil the olive oil in a saute pan until it is smoking hot.
6. Add the venison, and saute for 3 minutes on each side for medium rare.
(Original calls for this to be served with bourbon mash.)