Temperatures are finally falling, which means there’s no better time to stay in and enjoy some hearty comfort food. Revel in your fall foraging with this savory recipe.
2 pounds ground venison
1 table spoon olive oil
1 chopped onion
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
24 oz. jar of your favorite pasta sauce (we like Rao’s 4 Cheese)
12 lasagna noodles
16 oz. container of ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon nutmeg
32 oz. bag of mozzarella
1. Brown the meat over olive oil in a large pot. Add in chopped onion, Italian seasoning, paprika, and pepper. Mix well.
2. Stir in pasta sauce, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 40 minutes.
3. Fill a separate pot with water, add lasagna noodles, and boil to package instructions until noodles are softened but firm.
4. Remove noodles and pat dry.
5. Preheat your oven to 350°, and spray the bottom of a 9x13” baking dish with cooking oil.
6. Mix nutmeg into ricotta cheese.
7. Place 3 noodles at the bottom of the baking dish.
8. Spread meat sauce over noodles, add a layer of ricotta cheese, then a layer of mozzarella.
9. Repeat steps 7 & 8 twice.
10. Add remaining cheese to the top of the dish.
11. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
12. Remove foil and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, until cheese begins to brown on the edges.